Re: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton)

To: "Chris Prugh" <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>, "Spitfire List" <spitfires@Autox.Team.Net>, "Triumph List" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton)
From: "Dean C. Paige" <ecopaige@metro.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 09:27:10 -0700
Since when did the American people begin trying to elect a SAINT. The pres.
is the representative of the people and he is of the people. How many
saints among the people do you know?  What did Christ say, "Let he who is
without sin cast the first stone."This investigation of Clinton's sex life
should never have begun in the first place and those doing the
investigating should carefully watch their backsides...I wonder just how
many of their private lives would fare under the intense  spotlight that
has been shone on Clinton's. I couldn't survive it and yet I consider
myself to be a moral, caring, contributing member of this society. Lord
knows though, I am a sinner.
At 50 something if I've learned anything its that no one is without sin and
those who stake claim to holiness in loud voices usually are anything but
holy. I will not judge!  As an admirer of the American system of government
with its three tiered system of checks and balances I think that the
establishment of the Independent Counsel set up a forth de-facto branch of
government without accountability. And lest you think that I say this on a
partisan basis consider the cosequences of an investigation of the private
life of the next Republican president. Who in the hell  among the top
candidates for either party do you think could survive it. I haven't been a
fan of the Washington elite of either party since Eisenhower, but come
on....were talking about a blow-job here not treason, or even the
wiretapping, enemies list, burglary shenanigans of the Tricky Dick. Sure
Willie's slick....God help the world politician who isn't. Lying about ones
sex life is one thing....lying about the Gulf war, Viet Nam, Korea, the war
on drugs...now those are the things I worry about. Get real.... as long as
I have a job and some politician isn't telling me or my children that we
have to go kill the gooks for the good of America I sure don't car if the
pres. gets some head from someone other than his wife. Ask me if I'm better
off than I was 10 years ago....damn right I am! Resign for lying about
head? Give me a break! Would you resign from your job for that reason,
would anyone have a right to ask you to? Take a look at the polls pal...not
too many saints here in the hinterlands. Rant off...

Deano