Re: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton)

To: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>, Triumph list <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Well....No Real LBC, (except Lyin' Bill Clinton)
From: Brian Kemp <bk13@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 1998 08:45:26 -0700
> Listers,
>
> You probably feel as I, that arguing (discussing ... same thing) religion or
>politics is a no-win situation.
> If so, delete now.  Sorry for wasting your bandwidth.

What follows is my opinion.  Since the US is a free country, you are welcome to
voice your disagreement.

I disagree with your first sentence.  Discussing opinions is an important part
of education and moral development.  We have similar discussions on the list
every day - electronic ignition, brake bleeders, shock conversions, brake
fluid, etc.  We have the right and left extremes on the Triumph list also -
those with concours class cars and those with V-8's and hood scoops.  It's the
job of every citizen to be involved in the direction of the group.  The intent
of the people on the list is to
influence the future of our cars.  Our intent in society should be to influence
the future of our countries.

It's a shame that this discussion is even taking place.  This is quite a
disgrace that the Commander in Chief of our armed forces is even considered in
a situation like this.  It's also a shame that the general population of the
country doesn't have a problem with a someone with no integrity or honor being
our leader.  Having been an Air Force officer, the behavior of our CIC would
have been grounds for an immediate dishonorable discharge.

I'd like a comparison of all those discharged from the military for improper
behavior in the last year.  How about corporate America.  What corporate
executive could get away with having a 21 year old intern on the side for oral
gratification and claim it was his private life.  Then, when caught, blame the
people who caught him.

The best thing I heard last night was from Senator Orrin Hatch, about all the
people complaining time and money involved.  If Clinton hadn't tried to mislead
and deceive, resist providing information, attack Ken Starr, etc...., this
would have disappeared long ago for a lot less money.  So, it not Ken Starr's
fault - It's Bill, the blown, but not sexed President's.

> How did Bubba's little confessional come across to you?  Would your opinion
>differ if he were an LBC aficionado, as opposed to the Mustang crowd?

A rat is a rat, regardless of the ship it crawls into.  I don't expect Bubba to
be a LBC fan - no back seat big enough for ???

>         Personally ..if he really wants to stand up and be responsible for
>his actions, resign!  Save us any more time and expense.  JMHO

I agree.  That is my opinion.  You are entitled to your own.

Brian Kemp
72 TR6