Re: TR4 Info

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Info
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Sun, 02 Aug 1998 02:13:00 -0400
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
fergie@ntplx.net wrote:
> 1) I realize that a car with fiberglass fenders won't win any concours
> prizes, but otherwise, is there any reason to reject a car for that
> reason alone? I didn't even know they MADE glass fenders, but found a
> car with them and just wondered if it was a good idea.

  I have fiberglass fenders on my MGB, I put them on myself
instead of spending 1000 hours repairing the original steel
ones. (But I put them away for later if I get the urge)

  Once I got the fiberglass ones on, they are fine. They
look great, don't make any noise or any other bad things
I can think of a fender doing.

  The main problem with fiberglass fenders is always
fitting them. In general, the fit is about as good
as steel panels, however when steel panels are out
a little you can panelbeat them to get them right. If
your fiberglass panels don't fit well, you can only
do so much.

  So....  if the fenders are on well and look fine,
I wouldn't worry about them.

--
Trevor Boicey, Ottawa, Canada.
tboicey@brit.ca, http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/