Re: TR4 Info

To: fergie@ntplx.net
Subject: Re: TR4 Info
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 22:30:15 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Sat, 1 Aug 1998 fergie@ntplx.net wrote:

> The more I hear about wire [wheel]s, the more I think new
> ones would be a better alternative, but then I hear bad things about
> some of the new ones too! Have always known wires were a relatively high
> maintenance item, but it just seems to me that an LBC (ANY LBC!) just
> isn't complete without them.

Anyone, feel free to correct me if I am in error here. My understanding
is that the current Dunlop wire wheels are actually made in India under
license. There is nothing wrong with them "per se"; however, I am told
that these new wheels often require some truing, etc., before being used.
My suspicion is that a good vendor of same would ensure that the wheel
was pretty much ready to use before shipping it. I know some vendors do
just that, but I can't vouch for all of them.

Does that sound right to everyone? The above is based on ten-year-old
information (garnered during a fellow local club member's TR2 restoration).

--Andy