TR6 - dieseling

To: "triumphs" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 - dieseling
From: "Martin Gonzales" <mxgo@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Aug 1998 19:01:35 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
After having the head re-done and milled to a 9.5:1 compression and the
various valve components replaced, I am having a problem with dieseling.

I have set various settings on the timing, breaker gap, sparkplug wires,
choke adjusted, tried various carb damper settings, and the following:

a)  disconnected the red wire on anti-run on valve, plugged small orifice on
the valve and the small orifice on the intake manifold. Prior to the head
being done, this method worked fine without dieseling.

b)  set the emissions hoses to a pre-73 setting that is to say, using two
orifices on the carbon canister, plugging the third, disconnected the
anti-run on valve, plugged the emission orifices on the carbs,

c) and a couple of various other things with the emission hoses.

Any ideas as to the cause of the dieseling?

Martin Gonzales
73 TR6
San Jose, CA