Re: Starter gone kaput

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Starter gone kaput
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:02:41 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Alan,

I once removed a malfunctioning (TR7) starter and tested the continuity of
the windings, action of the solenoid, function of the motor (by connecting
it directly to the battery), etc. and found nothing wrong. After
reinstallation it still didn't bloody work, so I push-started and drove to
an auto electrician; he rebuilt it for $100 (incl. removal and installation).

Your course of action depends on how much farting around you are prepared to
put up with.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia