Re: Hard and soft top attaching bolts -Reply

To: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Subject: Re: Hard and soft top attaching bolts -Reply
From: Allen Nugent <A.Nugent@unsw.edu.au>
Date: Fri, 15 May 1998 11:14:43 +1000 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Joe,

At 07:51 14/05/98 -0700, you wrote:

>Here's a neat little tip, while you are adding or replacing snaps.  If
>you get a nylon washer and put it between the snap and the body, it will
>help bugger the metal and help prevent rust where the two surfaces meet.

That's a good tip - but I'm not sure what you mean by "help to bugger the
metal". I think you would need help _after_ doing so.

On the topic of inserting things between things, when I got my TR7 back from
the painter I reinstalled the windshield squirter nozzles on the bonnet
(hood) using little rubber O-rings on the top surface of the bonnet. Same idea.

Allen Nugent
Graduate School of Biomedical Engineering
University of New South Wales
Sydney  2052  Australia