Re: Starter gone kaput

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Starter gone kaput
From: Jay Raynis <jay@rih.org>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 09:18:06 -0400
Before you go jumping on the big problems, try little ones first. Can you
jump start the car? If you can, your starter is probably just fine. Fan belt
loose means alternator/generator might not be turning as it should, which
means low charge to batt. Tightening belt might be all you needed (plus a
jump). Having battery and charging system tested couldn't hurt.

Hope this works for you.

Oh, tell your starter you're sorry. You should scold it first, and only
resort to hitting when you have no other alternatives left.

Jay

WORKING HARDER at THINKING DIFFERENT
73+68 GT6 (One car, many parts)
Me: "It'll be back together for my daughter's graduation."
Them: "High school, or college?"
Me: "Grad school...."