Re: Starter gone kaput

To: Alan Camhi <camhi@symbol.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Starter gone kaput
From: Chris DeStaffany <sjmeds@rockisland.com>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 10:07:20 -0700
Cc: spitfires@Autox.Team.Net
More likley than not, it's dirty battery terminal connectors.  The easiert
way to tell is do your lights dim  down when you hit your starter.  Another
way is to have someone touch the connectors while you hit the starter.  If
one or both get hot, bingo!  In any event, good clean battery terminal
connectors are essential to a good working electrical system, so just clean
them.  I have learned this the hard way by looking foolish on more than one
occasion.  Good Luck

Chris DeStaffany
1966 Hearld since 1971

>Go to start the car and i get one crank and then a whole lot of electic
clicks(sound like a relay opening and closing).  Must be the solenoid
working.  No Starter moter whirring.  Just once I'd like to feel good about
this car for more than a day at a time.  I'd like to enjoy her for at least
a week before something else breaks on her.