RE: TR3 carpet pattern

To: "'John T. Nichols'" <jtnichol@m4.sprynet.com>
Subject: RE: TR3 carpet pattern
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 19:59:08 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Larn sumtin evry day.
I just spent about 45 minutes looking through my bone yard (shed).

FLOOR MATS - I have:
a.      a new set from TRF, still in packaging  (I purchased in Feb.
'95)
b.      a new looking set that was in TS25...
c.      a very poor condition set that was with the above
d.      a new looking set that was with my recent acquisition (TS81...)
and
e.      an older but decent looking set that was in the trunk of the
above.

A & D are very similar but slightly different (width of "stripes"
slightly wider on TRF batch).
C & E appear to be the same; are slightly different than B; but don't
really resemble A & C at all.  (Much heavier material; the
raised/recessed areas are more pronounced; emblem is smaller.

Does anyone have an original set that can be photo'd or described in
detail.  I'd be interested in seeing what is what.  I am assuming that A
& D are aftermarkets that changed slightly over the years.  But B, C, &
E...  ?

CARPETS - I have:
a.      a well worn set of black carpets including front floor boards
(ffb) from TS25...
b.      a new beige/tan set from TRF for the above
c.      a decent black set not including ffb from TS81... and
d.      a new black set with ffb from TS81

Item C (carpets) lends support to the "no carpet" discussion as it
appears that the PO did not throw anything away.
According to notes in the boxes this car had about 45,000 miles on it
when it was pulled out of service in early 80's for restoration (Speedo
reads 47,281)