Re: TR3 carpet pattern

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3 carpet pattern
From: johnhaynes@som-uky.campus.mci.net (John Haynes)
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 08:30:55 -0500 (EST)
At 08:47 PM 2/24/98 -0500, JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com wrote:

>     I hope to make my own carpet set for the 3a, but it didn't come with
>     carpets when I got it, except for a few old scraps, so I don't know
>     what they originally looked like. I have the famous Piggott book but
>     unfortunately there aren't any definitive pictures in there.
>
>     Could anyone advise:
>
>     1. Are the floor carpets slightly wider than the floor, such that they
>     extend upwards a bit at the side of the car and the transmission
>     tunnel to cover the unfinished sides of those pieces of carpet?
>     \__________________/  Or are they just the width of the floor, with
>     the side and tunnel pieces having finished edges?
>     2. Has anyone tried making a pattern from paper templates? Anything
>     to beware of?
>
>     Thanks in advance,
>     Jim Wallace
>     60 TR3a TS81417
>     P.S. I do know that it's possible to buy a set pre-made.
>
>    Hello Jim
          The original carpets were loop pile. They  covered the area behind
the seats, under the seats and the tunnel. The floor in front of the seats
was covered with a rubber mat which extended up onto the firewall about a
foot, and were secured by two clips at the top..  The patterns would be
simple enough except for the tunnel which would be a problem. The rubber mat
covers the edges of the tunnel carpet.

   Sam Haynes 59 TR3-A original owner