TR3 carpet pattern

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR3 carpet pattern
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:47:04 -0500
     I hope to make my own carpet set for the 3a, but it didn't come with
     carpets when I got it, except for a few old scraps, so I don't know
     what they originally looked like. I have the famous Piggott book but
     unfortunately there aren't any definitive pictures in there.

     Could anyone advise:

     1. Are the floor carpets slightly wider than the floor, such that they
     extend upwards a bit at the side of the car and the transmission
     tunnel to cover the unfinished sides of those pieces of carpet?
     \__________________/  Or are they just the width of the floor, with
     the side and tunnel pieces having finished edges?
     2. Has anyone tried making a pattern from paper templates? Anything
     to beware of?

     Thanks in advance,
     Jim Wallace
     60 TR3a TS81417
     P.S. I do know that it's possible to buy a set pre-made.