Re: You Tell Me

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: You Tell Me
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 20:07:28 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
James wrote:

> You could maybe get 1% power incresse, if you put different needels
> in, but that about it.
>
> But you will might risk upsetting the harmonic tuning (not mixture),
> that is, the standing wave set up in the tube that is tuned to
> get the most amount of power out.
>
> You could however convert to an electric fan and get a 15% power
> increese.  This would cost less than a K&N if you got it from
> a scrap yard.
> --
> James Carpenter
> Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot

Actually, the car already has a PO installed electric fan, in the front,
not the back.  Haven't checked to see it there's room to take off the
blades, and move the fan to the rear of the rad, but I've thought about
it.  It just makes me a little nervous to run the car, with its
propensity for heat, with just the fan.  I think I would want to hook up
an audio alert to the temperature sensor, so that in case I was out on a
95 degree day, and the fan shorted out, at least I would get a clear
warning of the situation, in case I didn't happen to be watching the
temp gauge like a hawk.  Anyone done THIS?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6

By the way, James, wot's that marmot's name, anyway?