Re: You Tell Me

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Re: You Tell Me
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 07:56:08 -0700

> Date: Mon, 23 Feb 1998 23:38:08 -0500
> From: msecres@ibm.net
> Subject: You Tell Me
>
> If you had the option of running K&N air filters on Strombergs on a GT6,
> would you do that rather than use the stock filter box, supplied with
> cold air ducting?
>
> I realize this is probably splitting hairs, but I suspect that K&N's are
> an improvement over the stock filters, even with hot air goin' in 'em.
> Whaddy'all think?
>
> Incidentally, one day I'd like to take the spare 150CD I have sitting on
> the shelf, and run triple Strombergs on my GT6.  With the right manifold
> and linkage, this could be zany.  Does Richard Good (or someone) make a
> setup for this for a GT6?

Triple Strombergs on a GT6 would probably work nicely if the engine
had a modified cam and improved exhaust system.  However, you
might have a clearance problem between the front carb and the
bonnet.  It's so tight in there already that a Stromberg 175 on a stock
manifold can put a small ding in the bonnet.
Dave