Re: Battery not overcharging

To: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: Battery not overcharging
From: Trevor Jordan <tjordan@pa.ausom.net.au>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 12:51:47 +1000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
At 7:03 AM +1000 25/2/98, Malcolm Walker wrote:
>OK, my battery has about 9V when charging and 5V when sitting.
>
>Anyone know what's happening here?
>
>And yes, I DO know it's time for a new battery.  I'm just curious.
>
>-Malcolm

Several cells (maybe three out of six) have obviously failed.  It is hard
to say what the failure mechanism might be.

It appears from its condition that the battery has not been used recently.
If it was working well when it was last used, it may just need some
attention.  So before you write it off, you could check the level and
specific gravity of the electrolyte in each cell.

Trevor Jordan
74 TR6 CF29281U