Re: You Tell Me

To: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Subject: Re: You Tell Me
From: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 09:47:51 +0000
Cc: msecres@ibm.net, triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
My working car  (Carlton 3.0 GSI) has a mechanical (viscous) fan on the
engine side and an electric one on the body side. This is a standard
arrangement from new and works very well as the electric fan is
thermostatically controlled and usually only comes on at rest or in
heavy traffic. The electric fan blows air through the radiator
simulating normal air flow at speed. I had the engine out and dismantled
the fan and accidentally reconnected it to suck air as you can imagine
it did not cool very well as the two fans opposed each other and created