Electric cooling fan

To: triumph news group <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Electric cooling fan
From: "Benjamin L. Harrell" <mp2817@medmail.mcg.edu>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 1998 16:58:43 -0500 (EST)
I just wanted to share my experience with a replacement fan for a 78-80
Spit radiator fan.  Two days after getting my "new" spit home the bulky,
slow original electric fan developed a dead spot (it would only run or
start when the brushes made contact which was not 360 degrees).  I don't
even know if you can get a replacement but I used a generic 10 inch
replacement that is available at most autoparts stores.  I've seen the
same fan at Advanced Auto, Pep Boys, and Autozone for around 50 dollars.
Oh, Vicky Brit sells the same fan for 80-90 dollars or something.  Well,
after simply drilling out the holes in the four plastic mounts the fan
bolted onto the stock mounting posts.  It really made the engine
compartment look nice.  It is slimmer which allows a larger clearance and
it seems to pull more air and cool better.  At least it doesn't run as
long at idle, parked with me watching as the stock fan did.  Just my 2
cents.

Ben Harrell
80 Spit