Re: Battery not overcharging

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us
Subject: Re: Battery not overcharging
From: "John Duhart" <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 08:21:06 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Hey All,

        While we're on the subject of batteries I have another question.

        I have a battery the hasn't been used since Oct 96.  I also have a
battery charger, and a Volt/Amp meter.  How should I test the battery to judge
it current state?  If I connect the battery to the charger, is it possible to
use the meter to judge how much chargine is required, while the charger is
attached to the battery?

        I know I will by a new battery soon, However I just put the engine back
in the car, and I would just like to see the starter turn over so I know
everything is wired correctly?  I would also like to start the car once before
I buy a new battery.  I don't want to drain a new battery doing this if I don't
have to.

Later,
JHD IV