re Spitfire Fuel Pump Repair Kits

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: re Spitfire Fuel Pump Repair Kits
From: Chris Leah <crl@intekom.co.za>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:19:57 +0200
Cc: "'RVincenti@lbfc.com'" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Brad and Ross, I purchased a kit from John Kipping during a visit to the UK
late last year.
Apart from some tricky work in replacing the valves, the repair was fairly
simple and my pump on my '66 Mk2 runs well. I am sure some of the listers will
have some advice on how to remove the old valves which will simplify the job
from the way I tried to do it.
The kit is Part No. 506423 and is priced at 8 Brit Pounds. Shipping will add
some cost, but the price for export will be less as no VAT will be applied.
You can reach John Kipping at john@johnkipping.demon.co.uk

On a separate issue, there seems to be little on the list regarding the Triumph
75th celebrations this year. I am aware that there were problems in the UK, but
had heard that these were now sorted out. It would be interesting to get
regular updates on what is happening around the world for the 75th.
Out here in South Africa there will be a National Gathering in Pretoria at the
end April/early May at which we expect over 250 cars from a 1936 Triumph Super
7 through to Tr7/8's. Coupled with this is the opportunity to have a photo
taken of ones car next to the restored SA Air Force WWII Spitfire aircraft
which will be good for the photo album.

Chris Leah
Durban, S. Africa
1966 Spitfire Mk2