STONELEIGH!!!!

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: STONELEIGH!!!!
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 13:30:06 +0000 (GMT)

  howdy! Anyone else (not you Rich!) go to stoneleigh?? Anyone here that
went last year?? Well not too different as it happened! All the trade
stands were in their identical positions, just like going back in time,
and what with all those old cars......:-)

 bargain of the day had to be a rsstored TR3a for a mere $25,000
(actually pounds but the right symbol doesn't work!). geez it wasn't that
good, there was all mannner of 'orange peel' effect paint in the boot! I
tried to get Rich to peel off the '5' on the sticker and offer then 2000
cash but he didn't, probably not worth it!:-)

The true highlight of the day had to be the my  return to the triumph
owning fold! Yep, the spit is dead long live it's replacement!

we had a look at a few right ropey spits and vitesses (and some yummy
TR's, the prices some people ask for a right shed, geez and there's
people that KNOW present!) but the car of my dreams arrived!

there she was (a HE as the owner told me later) powder blue with a white
stripe (WORKS racing colours!) a 13/60 estate with a vitesse bonnet, hooray!
Just what i was looking for to replace the rather chock-a-block spit for
long distance load lugging! Under the bonnet was pretty cool, twin carb
1500, o/d, K+N's and a leccy fan and no mech fan! The previous
owner wanted a vitesse estate and did everything except put in the six-pot!
As you can probably tell i'm dead excited! Anyway let's hope that the
owners of more expensive Herald/vitesse's out there won't freeze me out!

  tra for now, I'm off to get an alarm!

  Johnny '70 (no tax!) Viterald 15/70 (v.limited edition) (did i mention
the sorted rear, wide wheels or 4-pot calipers???!:-)