Re: Spit Shock Removal

To: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Subject: Re: Spit Shock Removal
From: bharris <harris88@rochester.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 16:35:58 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Dave,
    I was able to use a hyd. press.Did'nt need the hydralics,this press
has a manual hand crank for taking up slack and that had enough force to
allow me to undo the keepers on the bottom.you have to make sure you
have enough slack to release the spring completely after the keepers are
out.Took about 10 min.to swap 2 springs. If you do not have access to a
press,try taking the spring/shock assembly to a "Monroe Muffler" or
other shop that does shocks & springs
     P.S. The spring/shock assy can be removed safely without
compressing the spring,3 nuts on top and 1 bolt through the boyyom of
the shock.
                                       Good Luck,
                                       Bob Harris