Re: Supertrapp

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Supertrapp
From: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev)
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 1998 13:26:35 -0800
Exhaust systems are "free", as far as emissions controls
are concenred in California - if your car came with a cat, tht
measn you can change anything behind the cat. If your car
didn't have a cat, you can change anything beyond the manifold,
and in some cases even the manifold.

My GT6+ has a completely non standard exhaust system, terminating
in a Supertrapp. I've never had a problem getting past
smog (well, not for that reason). You can see pictures
and discussion of this setup on the Dimebank Garage web site.

I've run into the anal retentive smog tech who cared about filters
before. It's stupid, but they're not paid to make exceptions. I
don't go to those places any more.

In fact, now that SB42 has passed, I don't have to take any of my
Triumphs to be smogged... but that's a different story.