Spit Shock Removal

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Spit Shock Removal
From: "Childs, David" <dchilds@epri.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:43:25 -0500
I am about to remove the front shocks on my Spit.  I ordered a tool
from
VB but it was going to be on back order for some time.  So
I ordered the tool from MOSS.  Unfortunately I did not look at the
tool before I ordered it.  As most of you probably know, that tool
will
not work!  It looks like I have two options:

1  Use the weight of the car to some how safely decompress and
compress the spring

2  Build a tool.  I have some ideas but more are welcome!

A friend of mine has constructed a tool, I think.  I guess that is
option three.

Are there other options?

Dave C

79 Spit