Re: Diff seals

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, turner@turner.se
Subject: Re: Diff seals
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 08:27:28 -0500
Hey Adam,

 I tried to do the same thing a few months ago.  Got about as far as you did.
The advice I got was to take it to someone with a hydralic press.

 100 hours of body work!  In NY labour is $50-$60 an hour.  That come to
$5,000-$6,000!!!  That is the cost of a new body shell from BMHT.  What did
this guy do for ya?

Later,
JHD IV

>>> Turner & Turner <turner@turner.se> 02/10 6:55 AM >>>
Trying to replace the side diff seals, I tool the four bolts off and
eased out the shaft / bearing / key / plate assembly then undid the big
nyloc nut. Now though, I can't get the assembly apart to get at the oil
seal.

I even tried (shame) bracing the square plate and hitting the end of the
thing with a hammer -- no dice.

Any suggestions as to how I proceed?

Adam Turner
'74 TR6 (just been billed for 100 hours of bodywork rebuild - OUCH)