FW: Re: PUBLIC FLOGGING IN THE NEWSGROUP - Honesty issue

To: triumphs
Subject: FW: Re: PUBLIC FLOGGING IN THE NEWSGROUP - Honesty issue
From: Mark J Bradakis <mjb>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:12:02 -0700 (MST)
[BOUNCE triumphs@Autox.Team.Net:     Admin request of type /^\s*who\s+\S+\s*$/i
at line 3]

     Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 19:21:32 -0600
     From: "Bob Kramer" <rgk@flash.net>

From: Justin Wagner <jmwagner@greenheart.com>

Who wrote:
> Give the "bad guy" the benefit of the doubt and make ABSOLUTELY SURE it
> is his intention to cheat you, BEFORE a public flogging.

Trish wrote
jthaider@micron.com

>After receiving the part, this person said he sent the check.  Yeah,
>right!  It's been almost a month and 1/2 now and no $$.  Calls and email
>go unanswered.  This person supposedly has a business in NM.

Me-thinks that email and calls unanswered from a "business" for a month
and a half, more than qualifies as "making sure". I've both sold and
bought over this list. I've only bought from those I've known through
exchanging notes long-term on the list and I didn't worry in the least
and I don't think they worried about me (thanks Steve and Carl). I'd
like to be able to continue as interesting items crop up. We most
certainly need to know if someone is betraying trust, employing
delaying tactics or is simply dishonest, or the whole  group becomes
suspect (kinda like society these days). From what I read, you acted in
good faith and gave the louse a chance by following up with him. This
person is responsible for their behavior, the very least of which is
ignoring your pleas for info on the payment and the greatest thievery
and mail fraud (I might be pushing it there). You've represented it
fairly, so their is no harm in telling the world. I say flog away!

Bob Kramer, Austin TX
Hill Country Triumph Club
TR6x3, TR250 x3, TR3A vintage race
rgk@flash.net

[Gee, a month and a half??  Just ask folks who've dealt with the Fat Chance
Garage
 about slow customer service!  Maybe if I weren't spending so much time with
 Team.Net stuff I could work on getting my business into gear.  Actually, more
on
 that later this spring.  And I promise to get the last two outstanding lug nut
 orders shipped off this week!   mjb. ]