Speedvision taping (repost) + new ideas/info

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Speedvision taping (repost) + new ideas/info
From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 1998 15:16:52 -0800 (PST)

<WWW.SPEEDVISION.COM> Has a list of programs and schedules. I looked
through to find programs to tape but there is just too much info for me. I
don't even have spare time to write this as it will come out of my sleep
budget. Anyway, the program that aired "The Triumph Marque" (Legends of
Motorsport) is showing vintage car racing of the fifties this week. Can
someone log on and find some good stuff and notify me? I'm putting
everything on one tape to maintain quality when transferring. Another
thing, should I tape the rest of the tape in EP to get more on? Do you care
about quality over quantity? Those of you who have emailed me, please
answer. I haven't watched this much TV since our 2 year old was born.
Actually the only thing I have been watching much of these days is "Barney"
and "The Comfy Couch". Thank god she prefers Comfy Couch. I can sure see
why adults want to kill Barney.

Send for my address if you want a copy. I will only do this one tape for
copying due to a slight respect for copyright laws. I'm sure Speedvision
would take a dim view of me making a business out of it. I've been adding
constantly to a text file that I am attaching to my reply to those asking
for my address. If you want a copy of that, write me, I won't waste space
here.

As someone mentioned, "the Triumph Marque" airs again at the end of Jan.
but I hope to be all done with this by then.

THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT I POSTED BEFORE:
So I taped it and watched it. Looks like Speedvision got hold of a 1/2 hour
film circa 1967. It is an "historic review of the finest hours of the
Triumph Marque" from "Standard Triumph's film unit". 10 min. of TR2 and 3,
10 min of spitfire, 10 min of the rest plus commercials.

Coverage is by year, showing race footage. Mostly alpine rallyes,
hillclimbs and La Mans. Fun to watch but I would say not worth the time and
money to pay to copy and ship. Having said that, I have 2 VCRs and will
copy and ship to anyone that sends me $10 ($7US will do). I taped it on VHS
at SP speed.

As I said before these programs usually air several times before being
taken out of rotation. There are some very interesting programs on various
makes and races that I could and will use to fill the tape. Saw a great one
on Farrari 2 days ago...