RE: Dismantling U-Joints

To: "'Keith Taylor'" <taylor@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com>
Subject: RE: Dismantling U-Joints
From: Chris Prugh <prubrew@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 1998 05:10:44 -0800
Cc: "'Triumph List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Keith,

        You aren't trying to do this with the shaft still in the car, are you?
Unbolt said shaft, be it drive shaft or axle shaft, and remove to you workbench
Apply advice given by others as to the use of c-clamp or vice with sockets.

Sorry to even ask this, don't mean to belittle your mechanical aptitude, but
suddenly got this very vivid picture of you attempting this procedure whilst
laying prone on the cold concrete, having chunks of road gunk and grime dropping
squarely on your face as you swear at the gods of LBC's

Chris Prugh
72 Spitfar
Morgan Hill, CA
TTSCC Publicity Director