Re: Dismantling U-Joints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, taylor@hpcvlx.cv.hp.com
Subject: Re: Dismantling U-Joints
From: "Larry Hooven" <dirty_howi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 17:04:04 PST

use the old socket trick, one socket that has an od smaller than the
bearing cap and another socket with an id larger than the opposite
bearing cap, put the smaller one in one side and the larger one on the
other side and use either a vice (bench press for you old machineists)
or a 6 inch c-clamp to push the bearing cap out the other side. hitting
them only causes sore thumbs and frustration.

larry