Re: Brazing/lead loading/soldering

To: "George P. Richardson" <gprtech@frontiernet.net>, "Andrew Linkens" <alinkens@nuera.com>
Subject: Re: Brazing/lead loading/soldering
From: kengano@advant.com (Gano, Ken)
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 07:11:49 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Having worked in a welding supply store, we were always told that MAPP and
propane would not work for brazing.  Acetylene was the only acceptable fuel
gas.  Something about MAPP / propane lacking a free carbon necessary to make
a bond.  Of course, the real real may have been that this store only sold
acetylene!!

kengano@advant.com