Brazing/lead loading/soldering

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Brazing/lead loading/soldering
From: Andrew Linkens <alinkens@nuera.com>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 09:23:26 -0800
Conversation-id: <BMSMTP8843648713alinkens@fargo>
Any brazing experts out there?
I use a MIG welder for most of my welding work with no complaints. However,
I've been wondering recently about trying brazing for non-structural repairs in
an area that is a bit sensitive to heat (area of the car roof near the drainage
channels - I don't want to damage the headlining).
Can a MIG be adapted for brazing? If not, what about a standard arc welder?
I've also considered lead loading but have never tried this yet.
What about soldering (or is this the same thing as lead loading)?

Any information from the list would be appreciated

Andy