Re: Spitfire radiator hose again

Subject: Re: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:53:52 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sat, 15 Nov 1997, Joe Curry wrote:

> Atwell (Buff) Haines wrote:
> >
> > I looked at that hose for several hours while replacing my right front
> > suspension today.  (Sure beats contemplating your navel.)
>
> I guess you could modify the engine mount to solve the problem.  How's
> that for an engineering solution to the problem???

When I blew a rad hose on the Chevette, I fixed it with a flexy-hose--
worked fine.  It did take a lot of fiddling and twisting to get it to
stand free of anything that might pop it (was too long...)

I have 2 of them on the TR4 (not my doing)-- they also have cable ties to
hold them the right distance from everything.

I will someday replace them with nicer looking ones.

FWIW, the replacement hose for the Shove-It had to have 2" cut off one
end, it was just too long.