Spitfire radiator hose again

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spitfire radiator hose again
From: Brian Harper <brian@ati.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 1997 08:47:05 -0800
        I'm sorry if this is a repeat, but I saw the posts on some server
troubles
and I never saw my post or got any responses.

        The bulge in the lower radiator hose finally got me worried enough that
thought I'd replace it. This hose has a piece of rubber something
electrical taped to it so that it won't abrade against the motor mount. My
parts Spit doesn't have anything to protect this hose; it just has a big
scrape out of the side of the hose where the motormount has worn 98% of the
way through. Is there a proper way to mount this hose to aviod this? Do I
have the wrong shaped hose?
        Incidentally, the bulge is from oil softening from the leaking front
crankshaft seal. I got the seal. The installation looks pretty straight
forward. Any tricks I should know abaout? Will I probably be able to reuse
the timing cover gasket?

Brian Harper
1978 Spitfire
brian@ati.com