RE: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber

To: "'Michael Galloway'" <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: RE: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber
From: "Ginter, G M (Michael)" <GinteGM@LOUISVILLE.STORTEK.COM>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 07:28:56 -0700
Cc: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
The manual says to wait to tighten down the spring until the car is back on
the ground so that all of the car's weight is then on the spring.  I assume
this is to force the bottom surface of the spring flet, thereby making it
easier to tighten the spring flat to the diff.
It took several trys to get the spring flatly on the top of the diff.  I
didn't get it all the way down the first time, drove the car a few miles,
torqued a little more, drove a little more, torqued a little more, you get
the idea.  Finally, the bottom surface of the spring was resting on the top
surface (in the groove) of the differential.  And as I said before, it now
seems to be at nearly the correct negative camber and ride height.

Question to the list.  Is the rear leaf spring supposed to be tightened
completely flat to the differential?

Mike
79 Spit