Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber

To: mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov
Subject: Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber
From: Martin_A._Secrest@NEB.VOA.GOV
Date: 17 Mar 97 8:50:23
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Michael, you wrote ...

>>i pulled on of the rear wheels off late yesterday
evening and had a closer look at the rear spring. it looks to me like
the spring has been shimmed: there is a spacer between the bottom most
leaf, and the one above it. i guess i'll pull the spring this weekend
and have a closer look at it. does anyone know the specs on the nyloc
nuts i'll need to replace?<<

By ªspacer,ª are you talking about the rectangular base plate to the center
housing?  This is fitted between the main (bottom) leaf the next one up.  The
four long studs normally pass through it on the way to the top of the diff.

The four nyloc nuts (are they nylocs?) that go on those studs may not release
anyway, and instead, the studs will come out.  I saw no reason to replace them
-- just used ¹em to turn the studs back in when I got a new spring ... good
luck ...

---
Martin Secrest