Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber

To: Michael Galloway <mgx@icesar.epm.ornl.gov>
Subject: Re: spit 1500 rear wheel chamber
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 13:21:29 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumph mail exploder <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Sun, 16 Mar 1997, Michael Galloway wrote:

> good day ...
>
> my '78 spitfire 1500 has 0 or slightly positive rear wheel
> chamber. does that indicate the rear spring is weak? if it
> is, can the spring be re-curved or should i just opt for
> a new spring.

Forgive me, but I assume you mean NEGATIVE wheel CAMBER -- wheels closer
to each other at the top than at the bottom. No or a bit of negative
camber is fine for the Spitfire 1500 (exact specs not readily at hand).
Much more than a few degress negative, though, is cause for concern. If
the spring has sagged, and they inevitably do, it's possible that it
could be rearched, so long as there are no broken leaves (also not
uncommon); otherwise, a new spring probably is in order.

--Andy