Spit MkIII, Brakes lights don't work

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit MkIII, Brakes lights don't work
From: "Tony Zappa" <tzappa@aztec.co.za>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 20:13:08 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <tzappa@aztec.co.za>
Wow, thanks to everyone who replied to my previous posting.  I found I should
have been more
complete with my question:

1.  Replaced the switch already
2.  Touch the wire from the fuse box (which has power) to the wire
from the lights (which, as far as I can tell, is unbroken) and the
fuse pops
3. The parking lights work, and they share the same earth, so I'm
fairly confident that's not it (although I am not an electrician and
will work under correction)
4.  I have sandpapered the contact points and see clean brass

I can add that when I replaced the switch once already (with a cheap
plastic one) the switch got so hot it melted the plastic and almost
fried the wires (replaced them).

Other than that, I'm still stumped.  I'll keep working on it and let
you all know.  The amazing thing is, they DID work at one point, and
I haven't changed anything (welcome to the wonderful world of LBCs, I
guess!).