Re: Herald Engine

To: RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
Subject: Re: Herald Engine
From: MARGHERITA@aol.com
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 1996 02:14:40 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Pardon! Do you mean twin carbs, if so then no, the 12/50 still had the
single
>downdraft solex, but a different(longer) manifold(Am I right Andy??) :-)

Sorry I gues I wasn't clear. I'm refering to the  intakes in the head where
the manifold
attaches. 948's and 1147's had  single intake ports were as on 12/50 and
 later  heads there are double intakes. My car has single in takes i.e. it's
a 1147.

>>I'm seriously tempted to make the saloon driveable. A big factor is getting
>>it to run.  I hope to get in running this weekend. The body is solid. After
>>I'm done swaping parts with my conv. I will still have a complete saloon. I
>>needs a rear center Valence and overriders.
>
>They are available NEW over here, whats the parts situation like there?

Nothing available here new. What are the quality of the fiberglas
reproductions that Rimmer and others sell?

>The saloon doors should have the two little dimples where the holes go for
>the
>convertible door anti-burst catches(obviously NOT drilled though), fit these
>and change the door glass and everything will fit fine.

I Suspected so.

>Good Luck

Thanks
John.