Herald Engine

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Herald Engine
From: MARGHERITA@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:21:50 -0400
Greetings:

I recently bought a 1966 Herald Saloon that has been in storage for over 10
years. It's badged as a "Sports" 1200, I guess the the herald name was
dropped in the U.S. by 1966. It wasn't in great shape ten years ago so it is
not mint by any means.

I'm still deciding if its restorable or a parts car for my 64 conv.  Since it
hasn't run in 10 years I've begun cleaning the fuel system in preparation to
see if it will run. I was told that it had a "fresh" engine at the time it
was stored (I bought it from an Import auto wrecker in  San Francisco). The
engine  # is GAI68340ES. The "I" seems out of place. I think it's the
origonal engine. The VIN # is GB29822LDL.  Can anyone shed som light.

Thanks
John
64 Herald 1200 Conv