Spitfire engine swap?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Spitfire engine swap?
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:12:37 -0500
If anyone out there has any stories that they
would like to tell about doing an engine swap
in a Spitfire I would like to hear them.  I  am
particulary interested in suspension and rearend
modifications to handle LOTS more HP.  My own
tenative plan calls for stuffing a modified '73
Corvette rear end (or parts thereof) into a pre-
emmisions Spitfire.  But this is very tenative, I don't
even have the car yet. (Still looking)
Please tell me what you have tried?
What have you broken?
What worked for you?
Anything you have to offer will be appreciated.

Thanks

Eric Comstock
esc@firstnethou.com
Nothing yet but I am still looking.
If you have a pre-emission Spitfire for sale, let me know.
(In Texas)