Re: Spitfire engine swap?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire engine swap?
From: esc@firstnethou.com (esc)
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 1996 14:07:35 -0500
>Lots of horse power is a relative thing,  Lots of HP in a Spitfire is 160 hp
>and a properly set up Spitfire swing spring, with Quaffie carrier, and
>modified/strengthened axles will probably handle that much.
SNIP
This entire conversion took a LOT of
>time and effort, but Iv'e enjoyed it,  This car is not a hack job either.  I
>believe in mods, that unless you are familliar with the car, the average
>person can't tell you modified it.  I love to hear the phrase "I didn't
>realize that Triumph made one of these?"
SNIP
>I guess I'm not as young as I used to be and as the old expression goes,
>been there done that.  But if your hearts really set on making a "Funny car
>top fulie Spitfire" go for it, have fun,  just don't say I didn't warn ya"
>
>Barry Schwartz
>Bschwartz@encad.com (work)
>Bschwart@pacbell.net (home)
>(San Diego)
>70' Spitfire (under-going major surgery) ,  72'-V6 Spitfire (daily driver)
>70'GT6+

Like you I would like to make modifications that are not readilly apearent.
I have not decided exacly what I am going to do, but I am sure that I will
never be satisfied with the stock performance.  But I really like the looks
of a clean Spitfire.

I am very interested in the rear end modifications that were nessicary for
your engine swap.  If you can tell me any specifics I would appreciate it.

And I am not really looking to make a funny car.  But some of my friends
have told me that I am a Horse Power Junkie.
Thanks

Eric

esc@firstnethou.com