TR6 for sale

To: british-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 for sale
From: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:29:15 EST
I have a 1972 TR6 for sale, chassis no.  CC81644U.  The car is in
Maryland.

This is a bit of a project car.  It runs well, has a solid
drivetrain, and all its gauges, wipers, circuits and other doodads
work the way they're supposed to.  But, it has some rust in the
trailing arm mounting points, a bit in the sills and floors and around the
headlights, and needs trunnions, ball joints and bushings.
Beyond that is the cosmetic challenge-- to make it look really nice
it needs paint, seat covers, carpets, interior panels, a grill, etc.
It's registered and is driven regularly, so it can be driven to its
new home.

I'm curious what other people would do with this car.  Given the
trailing arm mount problem and the extent of other
imperfections, I don't know whether the car is
worth fixing or should serve as an organ donor for its brethren.
I've put a lot of time into this car and I'd hate to see it die, but
I really don't have the time, space or resources to do all that it
needs.

I have $2600 in the car.  I'd like to get $1200, but I'll consider
other offers, especially for someone who'll fix it rather than
cannibalize it.

I haven't been keeping up with the lists, so please email me directly
at  jw3@umail.umd.edu or jwagner@jmail.umd.edu.
Jeff Wagner
Chief Engineer, Nonprint Media
4208 Hornbake Library