Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix

To: emanteno@ix.netcom.com, hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 17:56:55 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
In a message dated 96-03-28 18:18:50 EST, emanteno@ix.netcom.com (Irv Korey)
writes:

>Mike,
>
>Many years ago, around 1983 when I put an o/d gearbox in my TR6, I
>checked the fork pin and found it to be broken. I can't remember the
>details well now as I am an old fart, but I do remember this clearly: I
>was able to drill the fork from the opposite side of the broken pin,
>insert a punch, and punch out the broken remains. I did this without
>cutting the shaft or taking apart the tranny. Maybe I was lucky that
>this worked, but I seem to remember reading this as a tech tip
>somewhere, and being thrilled/stunned that it worked, especially since
>I am a lousy mechanic. Have fun and good luck.
>
>Irv
>74 TR6 original owner

Irv:

If this is the recommended method of removing the broken pin then why in the
bloody **** didn't they put a hole in the fork already.  Maybe if they had I
wouldn't have had to do it the hard way (twice).

The Bentley manual didn't say a word about this.  I'll bet the old B/L folks
are laughing over a pint about this as we speak. (Roight, we pulled another
'un ova on the buggers, eh mate?)

Dave (steamed in St. Louis)

P. S. I'm not really steamed, just a little blanched.