Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix

To: hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 01:12:32 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Mike-

I know I'm gonna catch flack for the use of a BFH to fix something,
but here goes.
Once you have the trans out of the car, remove whatever is left
of the retaining pin. Unfortunately you can not rotate the shaft far
enough to get at the remains of the pin, but if you get lucky, the
pin has broken close to even with the parting line between the
shaft and the fork. This is where the Big E'ffing hammer comes to play. Using
a punch, try to drive the remains of the pin further into
the shaft and that will allow the fork to slide off of the shaft. This
works more times than you would expect. If your luck is as bad as mine, you
still have a problem. I do not recommend this next idea
but have seen it several times, drill a hole in the bottom of the
bell housing in line with the pin so that you can drill/easy out the
remains of the pin. When all else fails, cut the shaft as it is cheaper than
the fork. (Always gotta think cheap!)

                                           The Car Curmudgeon
                                                   Nick