Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix
From: "Lee Daniels, daniels@tamu.edu" <DANIELS@alchem.chem.tamu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Mar 1996 12:54:00 -0600 (CST)
TR6Massey@aol.com wrote:
>Many cars over here on this side of the pond have the fork welded to the
>shaft because the car was worked on by someone not familiar with British cars
>or know of part sorces for same.

Ummmm, there was a *dealer* fix (maybe not factory-autorized) that involved
just welding it up.  Of course, maybe our Triumph dealers were "not
familiar with British cars".  Anyway, mine was found to be welded up when I
pulled the tranny, and I suspect that it will last longer than the gears
will.  Why go to all the trouble of putting in a new fork pin when it will
*not* be as reliable as the weld-it solution?

Lee M. Daniels   Laboratory for Molecular Structure and Bonding   Texas A&M
 daniels@tamu.edu            (409) 845-3726          Fax (409) 845-9351
 '74 TR6  '77 MGB