Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR6 Clutch release fork pin fix
From: Mike <hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 28 Mar 1996 14:09:38 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: hooper@cdclu2.genrad.co.uk

On 28-MAR-1996 rjl6n@uva.pcmail.Virginia.EDU wrote:
>On Mar 27,  9:05pm, TR6Massey@aol.com wrote:
>> >Why go to all the trouble of putting in a new fork pin when it will
>> >*not* be as reliable as the weld-it solution?
>> >
>> >Lee M. Daniels
>>
>> Because it is not concours, of course.
>>
>> Dave
>
>Well, that and the fact that you'll *have* to cut the shaft out if
>you ever need to take it out...
>
>John Lye

I originated this thread because I have the daunting task of doing
this fix. From various hints/tips I've recieved it seems I will be
lucky to find the removal of the old pin a simple matter and will
either need to dismantle the gearbox or cut the clutch shaft out.
I don't intend to dismantle the gearbox so I had opted for the
cutting option. However the 'weld it up' solution is now my
favourite - less work involved and as I was intending to cut the
shaft out anyway I wont be pissed off if I have to do it at a
later date!

Can anyone throw any more light on this solution - are there any
other drawbacks?

Mike.H.
'74 TR6
Manchester