Re: TR-6 clutch slipping

To: tlund@ilhawaii.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TR-6 clutch slipping
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 1996 18:21:02 -0500
In a message dated 96-03-28 23:42:15 EST, tlund@ilhawaii.net (Tom Lund)
writes:

>My clutch is slipping and it seems to be getting worse. Going up the
>slightest incline in 4th gear, speed slowly drops while RPMs stay
>the same.

Tom:
Crawl under the car and see if you can compress the clutch slave cylinder
manually.  If everything is in order in the hydrolics department the slave
cylinder will compress (the rod will move into the cylinder) slowly as the
fluid moves up the hose and tubing into the master cylinder.  If this happens
go get theat loan, leave the phone off the hook and buy a weekend's worth of
beer.  You'll need it.

Dave

P.S. for the price of a couple of round trip air fares I will come out and
help you.