Re: webers GT6

To: aj253@rgfn.epcc.edu, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: webers GT6
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Wed, 27 Mar 1996 01:12:10 -0500
Somehow I managed to miss the beginning of the thread about
sidedraft webers on a GT6, but you knew I'd have to get my
2 cents worth in...<g>

Evidently someone is trying to put a set of DCOE sidedrafts
from a TR6 onto his/her GT6. Besides the problem of early/late
TR6 manifold differences, the TR6 setup really won't work on
a GT6. Not only does the front carb interfere with the bonnet,
so does the middle carb.I suppose that you could raise the bonnet high enough
at the front to clear the carbs, but it would have to be approx. 3 > 4 inches
(you would probably have to sit on a phone book just to see over the bonnet).
The correct manifold set has a
sort of a slight drop on the front manifold of about 3 inches.
The middle manifold has a lesser drop of about 1.5", and the rear manifold is
straight. This setup is probably not 100% efficient,
but it has to be better than the stock setup.

                                          The Car Curmudgeon
                                                  Nick