[Spits] Separating spring from Diff

To: NASS Spitfire <nass@yahoogroups.com>, Spitfire List
Subject: [Spits] Separating spring from Diff
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 10:37:54 -0700 (PDT)
Hi All,

Since I blowed up the diff in our '68 GT6, I went out & purchased a diff from a
'79 Spit.  I went ahead & pulled the back off the blowed up punkin...not good
inside there!  I wanted to use the case from the GT6 diff with the 6 studs
rather than the 4 stud Spit case.  Well, not being an expert on these cars, I
decided against tearing the Spit case apart.  The problem is, I cannot separate
the spring from the diff.  I see there's some sort of pin in the
center...certainly it's not holding the spring to the case?  How is this done?
I'm going to use the GT6 spring.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez #596
Cincinnati, OH