Re: [Spits] Separating spring from Diff

To: Spitfires@autox.team.net, jimmuller@rcn.com, NASS Spitfire
Subject: Re: [Spits] Separating spring from Diff
From: Todd Bermudez <red_tr250@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 28 Mar 2009 09:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
Jim,

To make matters more interesting, this is a right hand drive car.  It has a
Spit frame under it(ends were chopped off).  The car, from what I'm told, was
made up of a combination of RHD & LHD parts.  Now what went with what is
anyone's guess.  I suspect the Gearbox came from the LHD car.  The diff begins
with FD I believe.  So I put a late Spit differential in the car & it should
be back to US spec as far as the speedo is concerned, but what about the
speedo itself?  It's in MPH so I think it's a US spec speedo?  The tyres are
bigger than stock so I would think it would read slow.  Lots of questions, but
I guess the big thing is to get the wife's car back together!

I think I'm gonna fill'r up with oil & see if it leaks.  The idea of pressing
off the bearings and the dreaded pinion seal doesn't really excite me too
much.

Cheers,

Todd Bermudez #596
Cincinnati, OH