Re: Title question

To: Bill Miller <millerb@netusa1.net>
Subject: Re: Title question
From: Ted Schumacher <tedtsimx@q1.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 1999 17:31:18 -0400
bill, how blunt do you want me to be? as a licensed dealer, both used car and
salvage,  you were had.  the seller cannot sell a vehicle which does not own and
in essence, with no title, he doesn't own the car sicne ther is nothing showing
it in his name.  passing a title through without putting it in his name -
jumping title is the term - is not legal.  from the description, this does not
appear to be  a "restorable" spit. was this from a dealer? if so, you can go
back and report  him to bureau of motor vehicles in his state. your alternatives
are to make this a parts car and strip it immediately so it "disappears", go
after the seller and/or buy another car with a good title.  beware of people
selling titles and vin plates. this is a federal offense. if it was legal, then
you could go steal a car, buy a title, etc and away you go.  YOU CAN'T LEGALLY
BUY TITLES AND VIN PLATES. sorry for facts of life. if we  can help, please give
me a call on our tech line. your problem can be solved. good luck, ted

--
tedtsimx@q1.net
http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com

New - used - rebuilt - performance British car parts.
200-300 cars in our British salvage yard.